This set of cupcakes reminds me so much of the cupcakes I made for
my cousin Hadleigh's 4th Birthday. I struggled so much with the crabs for her cupcakes... this time they were so quick & easy! This set of Sea Creature cupcakes was for Evia on her 2nd Birthday. I did all the creatures out of fondant in coral & red.
Shell.. I used a flower cutter, cut off 2 of the "petals"
then used a knife to make the indentions
I made brown sugar cupcakes & carrot cupcakes for her but split both recipes.
Carrot Cake from the kitchen of Kim B.
2 cups flour
2 tsp soda
2 tsp salt
2 cups sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg
1 ½ cups oil
2 cups fresh shredded carrots
1 small can “drained” crushed pineapple
1 hand full coconut
4 sticks unsalted butter, softened
2 lbs powder sugar
8 oz cream cheese
8 oz cream cheese
Mix dry ingredients in a bowl & set aside. Mix wet ingredients until well blended. Slowly add dry until it's mixed well. Makes 3 dozen cupcakes or 3 layers for 8" round..or 13x9 rectangle. Bake @ 350
Cupcakes - Bake 12-15 minutes
8" cakes - Bake 30 minutes
13x9 cake - bake 35-40 minutes
For the 2nd recipe, I started with a vanilla cupcake recipe and modified it a bit to make it a brown sugar cupcakes.
Altered Easy Eggless Vanilla Cake = Brown Sugar Cupcakes
original recipe from here
Prep time: 25 Mins Cook time: 14 Mins Yields: 15 Cupcakes
These eggless cupcakes are light, flavorful and very easy to bake too with readily available ingredients.
- 2 and 1/2 cups Cake Flour
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons Baking Powder
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1 tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- Preheat oven to 350F/180C for 15 minutes. Prepare muffin tins either by lightly greasing it with cooking spray or line it with paper liners.
- In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients and make a well.
- Incorporate the wet ingredients into the dry mix one by one, stirring with a whisk simultaneously. Don’t be bothered by some small lumps.
- Fill each muffin cup 3/4th full, which is about 3 tablespoons of batter for each cupcake. Bake for about 13-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
- Remove the pan/s from the oven and allow it cool for about 5 minutes on a cooling rack. Then take out the cupcakes from the pan and let it cool on the rack completely before frosting.
Happy 2nd Birthday Evia!!