Today is my friend’s Birthday
So I baked her up some Gluten Free Cupcake treats!
Recipe made up rather easily. I didn’t make my own Almond Meal (been there, done that) thanks to Bob’s Red Mill. I used their almond flour & baking soda – all Gluten Free.
I piped the letters of her name with royal icing & a #2 Wilton tip on wax paper and dusted them with disco dust. Disco Dust makes everything better!
fresh out of the oven in foil liners
Disco Dust can be bought at Karen's Cookies
Happy Birthday Susana!
May your year be filled with love, health & happiness!
Yellow Cake (makes one cake layer or 8 cupcakes)(click here to Print recipe)
adapted from http://www.comfybelly.com/
- 3 large eggs
- 4 tablespoons of sugar (or any other sweetner
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of oil
- 1/2 tablespoon of vanilla
- 1 cup of almond flour (finely ground, blanched almonds)
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Prepare an 8 inch round cake pan with nonstick spray and then cut out a circular piece of parchment paper to place on the bottom of the pan. This cake will stick if you don't do this.
- Separate the egg yolks and whites. Place the yolks in a separate mixing bowl, and then beat the egg whites with the until it’s just starting to get bubbly. If you whip until peaks form the middle of the cake will fall .
- To the yolks add the sugar/sweetner, baking soda, oil, vanilla, and whisk to blend well.
- Add the lemon juice to the egg yolk batter and whisk to blend well.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the yolk mixture, and then finally add the almond flour to the batter and whisk to blend well.
- Bake for about 20 minutes, or until the center is not soft and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes then run a knife around the edge so it will release easily.
- Frost with your favorite frosting